ITP Spring Show 2007
Watch out for the Spring Show of NYU’s Interactive Telecommunications Program, beginning tommorow.
I asked Raffi if I could come along a few months ago, but unfortunately I couldn’t make it 🙁 However, Mohsin‘s extending his TO+NYC trip by a few days so he can get to the show and also meet Raffi.
I’ll have to be content with Leeds Met’s Innovation North showcase…in the meantime, here’re my favorites…
- 888-iPLATEu – license plate numbers as communication identifiers.
- Better Bin – visualising how many trees are saved by recycling.
- bottleHunt – an ARG, based on finding messages in bottles.
- Capture the Corporation – using cameraphones to find out more about brands.
- Clock-Talk – smart clocks that marshall other appliances eveyr morning.
- Cousteau – experimenting with proximity based UIs.
- Distributed Surveillance Company – CCTV monitored by millions of users.
- Door Secure – a security camera that only powers up when needed.
- Fairy At The Night – fairies, only visible in the dark 🙂
- Feel The Sound – sound recogniser for the hard of hearing (interesting transcoding of senses…)
- Hypershelf – digitally connecting related, physical, books with each other.
- imPulse – sharing heartbeats intimately over wireless networks.
- Intimate Game Controllers -games played by couples touching each other.
- Language Dialer – turns phones into mics for anyone wishing practice conversations in any language.
- LettrWritr – w letter writing application that transcribes and sends message by post.
- Live Action Prototyping – using Second Life to produce movie pre-visualisations.
- MobileVoices – platforms for anonymous citizen media in the developing world.
- Networked Byte Organ – ever wondered what the network sounds like?
- News Brews – an novel way to ‘digest the day’s news’ 😉
- plaYard – 3D space modelling application for the home.
- Portel -handsets for quadriplegics and people with restricted hand movement.
- ShiftSpace – ThirdVoice-like service to overlay annotations onto live sites….couldn’t you just Greasemonkey del.icio.us URL data into a page?
- Wireless Power Monitoring – wirelessly aggregating data from several electricity monitoring devices in the home.